Thursday, January 20, 2011

The First One

Yes, this is my first blog post here at Eventyr. A momentous occasion, one requiring memorable prose delivered in the non-condescending pomposity of Alistair Deacon.

What words of wisdom will I shower on the masses? What pithy platitude will mark the opening of this blog?

None, actually. Because let's face it; no one reads the first blog entry. I mean, how many times have you come across a blog and then went back all the way to the beginning? I'll tell you. Once. Because that was all it took for you to realize that the first entry always sucks.

It sucks because it's usually nothing more than "Welcome to my blog! I'm going to write things to you!" It's also horribly written because the author hasn't pinned down his or her style yet.

So instead, I'm going to address this entry to the one person who will read it: my mom.

Mommy, I love you. I love how you taught me how to read and play. I love how you talk my ear off when you get home from work. I love how you'll come to me anywhere if I need help. I love how when we watched Morning Glory and Rachel McAdam's mother tells her to forget her dream of running The Today Show, you leaned over to me in the theatre, squeezed my hand and said, "You follow your dream, Angel. Don't give up."

Thanks Mom.


And to my fellow Eventyr-ers: Kanicktustale!

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of it like that before, but you're right--no one reads the first post of a blog. Ever. The meaning of life might be hidden in those first few words, but no one ever sees them! *woe*

    Your mom sounds fab. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...