Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dear John



Dear Alex book,
Because my book is the closest thing
 I have to a relationship right now.
I want to start by saying that I still love you and I think you’re going to be an amazing book someday.  But right now, I think we need a break.
I know I said you were the one, but let’s face it, you’ve got some serious flaws.  I’ve written 15,000 words of you, twice, and your main character is still wandering throughout the narrative without a purpose.  Every draft there are some major character changes, the set hasn’t been painted yet and don’t even get me started on the plot.  I just think you need a little more time to stew on the back burner.
I’ll be honest; I found someone new.  We met about four years ago as I was reading HP 7.  We kept in touch a little, but last week, when I saw my priest sitting in his chair like he was lording over a mead hall, I don’t know.  Something magical happened.  Now we have a plot, a map, great setting, interesting people, a main character with a purpose.  Even a romantic subplot and a theme.  I really feel like this is something special.
So I’m sorry this is goodbye for now, but I truly think this will be good for us.  We’ll both come back in a few years, ready to give it a fresh start.
Best of luck,
Meg




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...