Saturday, May 21, 2011

More on Fins

So the reason I was able to read Fins, by Ashley L Knight was because I won it in a contest. Remember the first time I talked about mermaids? And there was a contest? Totally won it. I feel a little proud about that, which is silly since I didn’t do anything.


Anyway, I was expecting to get just the book in the mail, but Ashley pulled out all the stops. The book came wrapped, with a envelope closed with an actual seal. How awesome is that? I was all set to heat up a knife to open it with, until I realized that it was my envelope, I wasn’t breaking into it, and so I could just tear the paper around the seal to keep it intact.




When I opened the envelope I found a lovely note in calligraphy. The book dedication was similarly done. I asked Ashley to make it out to my cousin Sarah, who loves books and who I’m going to give Fins to now that I’m finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...