Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day


Today is Valentine’s Day and the writing blogosphere is full of secret valentines!


My secret valentine is the lovely Yamile Mendez. Happy Valentine's Day, Yamile! I'm sorry this Valentine isn't more fancy, but I hope you like it.

Blog readers, here are some reasons why Yamile is awesome:


1. She’s raising four kids and still finds time to write. She even did NaNoWriMo. I fell like a wuss.

2. English is not her native language, but not only is she fluent in it, she writes in it. Did you hear me? She composes fiction in a non-native language. She’s like the Josef Conrad of Utah.

3. Her favorite sport is the best sport in the world. And I love how she spells it futbol.

4. Some people go cloth napkins. She went cloth diapers. That takes some serious commitment.

Last, here are some recent pictures of Rosario, Argentina, taken by a friend who lives there now.

A street corner on a typical afternoon.



Cantemos la Navidad at the National Flag Monument

8 comments:

  1. "She's like the Josef Conrad of Utah." That is the most lovely thing I've heard all day! Yamile kicks some serious butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I'm totally impressed with Yamille! Great job highlighting her! Happy Valentine's Day to her, and here's a very happy Valentine's Day to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who this lady is, but she sounds like an epic and lovely person. Happy Valentine's Day! ♥ I feel like quite a wuss myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many amazing people! Happy Valentine's Day to you, Megan, and Yamille!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, point #2 is jaw-droppingly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Valentine!!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Meg! Wow! I love this Valentine. Thanks for taking the time to do this for me, even though you don't know me. I'm touched that you compared me to Josef Conrad, and that you included some pictures of my beloved city, Rosario. I was just there a month ago, and I'm already homesick.
    I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and more than anything, I hope to get to know you better through your blog. I love the internet!
    Thanks to all your lovely readers for their kind comments. You people are amazing and totally made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yamile--glad to be of service! ;) It fun getting to know you through your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...