Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Writing Religiously: Prayer for Musicians and Artists

After five years of full-time enrollment I have graduated from seminary.

I was also ordained this weekend.

I'm a little wiped, so instead of any of my usually rambling, today I will share with you a prayer I found in the The Book of Common Prayer. Glean whatever inspiration you can.

For Church Musicians and Artists

O God, whom saints and angels delight to worship in heaven: Be ever present with your servants who seek through art and music to perfect the praises offered by your people on earth; and grant to them even now glimpses of your beauty, and make them worthy at length to behold it unveiled for evermore; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...